Malted Chocolate Chip + Oatmeal, Almond and Currant
One Batch, Two Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 t. vanill
2 large eggs
1/2 cup malt powder
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup currants, soaked in hot water 15 minutes and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F, place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using and electric mixer, beat the butter until it's light and creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Make sure to periodically scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and then the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Again, scrape the bowl.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour in three additions and beating until just combined.
- At this point, divide the batter putting half into another bowl. To one batch add the malt and chocolate chips and the oatmeal, almonds and currants to the other. Or just add what ever you like;) Gently combine.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet, leaving a couple of inches between cookies and , depending on their size, bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.