Assert your independence and throw some strawberries or raspberries onto this cookie-like tart for a little red with your white and blue and, voila, a beautiful holiday treat! Whatever you do.. Make. This. Tart. Now!
Blueberry Maple Tart with a Crumbly Oat Crust
1 1/2 cups rolled oats, not instant
1/4 cup plus 2 T packed brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 T all-purpose flour
12 T (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly butter an 11 inch tart pan.
- Combine the oats, sugar and flour.
- Melt butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly and press evenly into prepared tart pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
2 cups low fat greek-style yogurt, drained for no less than 10 hours
2 T maple syrup
- Drain the yogurt over a bowl using cheesecloth or a small sieve lined with a paper towel. Set in the fridge overnight or in the morning on the day you'll serve the tart.
- When ready to serve tart, pour out the drained liquid and mix maple syrup into the thickened yogurt. Spoon into tart shell and smooth evenly.
Top yogurt with 4 cups fresh BLUEBERRIES!