stove top roasted peppers
- Wash and dry peppers, then rub them thoroughly with oil.
- Turn front burners to medium-high and place one pepper directly over each flame.
- Using tongs, turn the peppers occasionally, to ensure even roasting, until peppers are blackened all over.
- Transfer peppers
to a work bowl and cover with plastic. Let steam for about 20 minutes, or until they reach room temperature.
- Remove the roasted peppers from the bowl and, using your fingers or the back of a pairing knife, rub off all of the black skin.
- Remove stems, pepper vertically in half and remove the seeds. Slice peppers into strips and season with salt.