Or, serve 'em as a bar snack at a holiday cocktail party. They. are. addictive.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
makes 2 cups
1 T chili powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt, plus more to taste
1/2 t. cayenne
1/4 t. cumin
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg white
2 cups pepitas (hulled and roasted pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a nonstick baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Add the sugar and spice mixture and combine thoroughly; then stir in the pepitas.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and dry, about 17-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with salt, stir and separate seeds slightly. Cool until room temperature.