Chocolate Peanut Butter Footballs
makes about 30
adapted from Food Mayhem
Peanut Butter Filling
1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup peanut butter (I used natural chunky, but I think any would be fine.)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
8 oz chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment and place a cooling rack on top of that.
- Combine the sugar and cereal in a medium bowl.
- Stirring occasionally, melt peanut butter and butter in a small bowl over (not touching) simmering water or in a double boiler. Add a pinch of salt if your peanut butter is not salted. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide filling into 1 Tablespoonfuls, then form into footballs. Place footballs on prepared baking sheet.
- In another small bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate. Place a football in the chocolate and brush with a pastry brush (I like the rubber ones). Transfer bake to baking sheet with the brush and a fork. Continue process with remaining balls. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Once chocolate has hardened, paint on laces (or hearts, stars, etc. with royal icing
1 large egg whites
1 1/3 cups confectioners sugar
- Place egg white and sugar in mixing bowl and beat until glossy and stiff peaks form. If it’s not stiff enough, add another tablespoon or two of sugar.
turd turd turd, turd is the word.