Hazelnut Pie Crust
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted (set 3/4 cup aside for decoration)
1 cup flour
1 T sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
3 T ice water
- In a food processor, pulverize 1/4 cup hazelnuts, flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse corn meal. Add enough water to form crumbly dough.
- Press dough into bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan. Chill 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 400 oven 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
3/4 cup Nutella
1/3 cup unsalted butter
4 eggs, separated
1 T sugar
- In a bowl set over simmering water, melt the Nutella and butter; stir to combine. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the sugar and continue beating until smooth and glossy.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in 1/4 of the egg whites to the Nutella mixture; then add the remaining whites and combine completely. Spoon into cooled pie crust and cool in the refrigerator 4 hours.
3/4 cup reserved hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
2 oz. chocolate, melted
- Sprinkle hazelnuts over pudding and spoon the chocolate over the nuts. Refrigerate for another couple of hours. Cut and serve in bowls.