makes 4-5 dozen
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 large egg
2 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Turn mixer to slow. add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Gather each piece into ball; flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour. (Dough can be double wrapped and frozen at this point.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Roll out 1 dough disk on floured work surface to 1/8-inch thickness and cut out cookies (Use any shape you like:). Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Loosely gather dough scraps (don't mush together) and return to the fridge until cool. Re-roll and cut out more cookies.
- This is the time to add sprinkles etc., if you're not going to eat plain or frost.
- Bake cookies until pale golden, 10-13 minutes, depending on their size. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool. Frost cookies, if you like, using the recipe below.
- Store in a airtight container for a week or freeze for a month.
- Enjoy the LOVE!
makes 2/3 cup, enough for about 4 dozen cookies
2 cups confectioners sugar sifted, spooned and leveled (like you would flour)
2-3 hot water, milk, lemon or lime juice, etc.
1 T corn syrup
(1/2 t. vanilla, if using water or milk)
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Use sparingly; a little goes a long way.
- Have fun decorating yer cookies!